Sunday, September 13, 2009


One week ago today we had our last dinner with Talia before she left for school. The sisters were all pretty emotional when it came time for her to say goodbye. Having a child old enough to move out and go to college is a real eye opener. She doesn't seem to need us too much anymore. I love being able to get in touch with her or leave messages when we are just thinking of her. I really feel ancient when I think back 20 years ago when I was in college and only called home occasionally because long-distance phone calls were so expensive. Technology has certainly made keeping in touch so much easier. Just for reference, here are Talia with Chloe in the background in her bedroom of the new apartment.


Monday Tad, Chloe and I (and Talia, too) checked her into her apartment and began trying to help her get settled in. The apartment has six girls, two bathrooms and lots of energy. Those that we met seemed really nice and she will have the opportunity to get involved with many activities on and off campus this next semester. Just for reference, the picture is of Talia (duh!) and Chloe in her bedroom of the new apartment. I wish I had thought earlier to get before and after shots of this room. She had so much stuff that I thought there was no way she was going to be able to keep all of it. As it turns out, almost everything fit and we only brought home a few nonessentials that we decided she really didn't need. She loves being on her own and even though there are still five other girls she is living with, they are not the five she has lived with at home. Nothing better than being away from a whining or teasing little sister.



1 comment:

  1. A blog!! Yea you! It seems not so long ago that I held little Talia when she was a baby. Hardly seems possible that she is moving out on her own. I was her age when I was hanging out with you and Tad.

    I'm going to add you to my blog roll so that I can keep track of what is new in your life. 6 girls! I LOVE that. I come from a family with 7 girls (and 3 boys) and my sisters and I are so close. What a blessing sisters are.

    So, keep the updates coming! I'd love to hear more about what the rest of the girls are doing. Tad too I suppose ;)

    ReplyDelete